Healthy food for the Soul.. Self-care starts in the kitchen

Salmon, Riced Cauliflower, Broccoli with Bell Peppers, and Onions...oh my 

I read or heard a quote that really resonated with me regarding self-care and food. And quote it says or it said "self-care starts in the kitchen."  Wow, that really stuck with me. 

Now I'm not saying to go completely cold turkey with your new eating lifestyle habits. What I'm saying is baby steps and if we're in the mindset in the headspace to start making a change, then changes can definitely happen in your kitchen in what you're preparing and what you purchase from the store to put in your body.

So here is a plate that I prepared for myself and I also cook extra to have as leftovers. 

I season the salmon, just with salmon seasoning and several other spices that I had in my cabinet. I grilled it and added lemon juice instead of salting the fish. I then took again rice cauliflower from the freezer section in the grocery store and I did a little seasoning on that with a little butter and I topped it with a little bit of sprinkled cheese. I then took broccoli and added onions and bell peppers of various colors to the mix. 

Voila, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment